My apologies to everyone who has been waiting to hear news from me. I have been swamped with stuff ever since the last entry.
As many of you know, I am now married to the wonderful and beautiful Jennifer Sara. We’ve been at it for over 6 weeks now (since June 14th), and while living with someone certainly creates its own set of problems, I have never been happier.
Having not made a personal entry for almost 3 months, I’m starting to realize how out of the loop you must feel, dear reader. It’s not the kindest way to do it, but I’m going to bring you up to speed in bullet-points:
- We did indeed close on the house that we wanted to buy as of the May 9th entry – but the mortgage company messed things up and we had to scramble to come up with a down payment on the day of closing, which sucked. The house is wonderful, but I forgot to take pictures before we moved in, and it won’t be in a fit state to photograph for a few weeks yet. Stay tuned!
- As I mentioned above, I married Jennie, the love of my life, on June 14th. Even though there were problems, just as there are with every wedding, I am very proud of the way the ceremony and the reception went. I’ll try to post a separate entry with my reflections on the day soon.
- For our honeymoon, Jennie and I went to Walt Disney World for ten magical, but very rainy, days. We have tons of pictures, but I’m still working on getting a working photo system set up, so you’ll have to stay tuned for those, too!
- Two weeks ago, we adopted a puppy, whom we named Audrey, from the Lifeline Puppy Rescue. Audrey is now ten weeks old, and is a Labrador Retriever/Border Collie mix. She’s very well-behaved for her age, but still a handful! You’ll have to stay tuned for pictures of her, too!
- The main reason I haven’t had as much time to update this journal is that I changed jobs at Raytheon right before the wedding. My new job is in the closed area, and I don’t have a connection to the Internet at my desk. So when I’m bored and want to take 20 minutes to do an entry, I have to compete with 20 other people for access to a single, slow PC.
- The reason I haven’t been updating from home is that Jennie and I just finished our summer production of Hello, Dolly! with St. Michael’s Players, our community theatre group at church. I played Cornelius Hackl, the male lead, and Jennie was opposite me as Irene Molloy. It was Jennie’s singing debut, and she did marvelously. I am so proud of her I could burst!
The horizon looks a little clearer, now that weddings, musicals, puppy housebreaking, and new job transitions are out of the way, so hopefully you’ll hear from me a little more regularly for the near future!